USA Green Card Applications- We Can Help

Do you want to immigrate to the USA on a permanent basis?  You will need to apply for a US Green Card in order to do this.

There are different applications available for applying for US Permanent Residence or a US Green Card:

  • Family Based Petitions
  • Family Sponsorships

Depending on your situation, you may be eligible to apply for a US Green Card using a Family based Petition for having relatives living in the US as US Citizens or Green Card holders. Certain family members may be eligible to sponsor or petition you for a Green Card.

US Green Card Applications Can Be Tricky

Applying for a US Green Card is not as easy as someone might assume.  US immigration is complicated and can be confusing.

If you don’t fill out the paperwork correctly or miss a section, then you are in jeopardy of getting a possible denied application.  We don’t want that to happen to you as much as you don’t.

Call us or fill out a form so that we can find out exactly what your needs are, offer possible solutions that we can map out as how to proceed.  The first step is up to you.

Niren & Associates has over 15 years of experience helping thousands of people successfully obtain USA Green Cards.

  • We have a proven track record in our New York office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
  • We exclusively practice US and Canadian immigration so are focused, experienced and are best equipped to handle your case

Click Here to speak to one of our US immigration lawyers for our New York, NY office

Excellent Service at Niren & Associates! I want thank you for the excellent service for my Visa application. You guys went to great lengths to help me when my application was thrown into turmoil by some delay of paper from my company. Thanks a lot. I will recommend Niren& Associates to all my friends. Barback D.

What is a Spousal Sponsorship Petitions I-130?

If you are married to a US Citizen or a Green Card holder, your spouse may be eligible to sponsor you by filing an I-130 Petition.

  • However, your spouse must earn an income that is equivalent to at least 125% above the poverty line.
  • If this is not the case, your spouse will have to have a co-sponsor or co-signer complete an I-864 application form.
  • Further if your spouse is not a US Citizen and only a Green Card holder or a US Permanent Resident, then the application can take much longer, usually a number of years to process.

US Citizen Spouses Have Two Different Application Procedures Available:

1. The Consular Processing application- where the foreign spouse usually remains outside the US while the application is in process and the application is forwarded to that spouse’s local US Consulate.

2. The Adjustment of Status (AOS) process– this process is for applicants who are already in the US usually as visitors, workers or students and who marry a US Citizen and want to remain in the US while their Spousal Petition is in process.

  • This application involves filing an AOS application (Form I-485) along with the other applications such as the I-130 and I-864.
  • The application is usually filed the local district office in the state you live in.

NOTE: that if you file an AOS application you cannot leave the US until the application has been approved unless you also file an I-131 application for Application for Advance Parole with the other AOS documents.

What Are General Family Sponsorship Petitions?

In certain circumstances, you may be able to be sponsored for a US Green Card by a relative who is a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident such as your sibling or parent.

These applications usually take longer than Spousal Sponsorship Applications and Adjustment of Status (AOS) procedure are usually not available in such cases.

What Exactly Are About Employment-Based Petitions for a Green Card?

You may have a US employer who is willing to Petition you for US Permanent Residence.

In this case, most applicants are usually already in the US on a valid US Work Visa such as an L1 Visa or an H-1B Visa.

These Green Card applications are called Employment Based Petitions and usually involve filing an I-140 application to the Service Centre located in the jurisdiction of the place of employment.

Confusing to Understand?  Let Us Help

Niren & Associates has the processes in place and the infrastructure to exclusively handle US and Canadian immigration cases.

Our experienced US immigration lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you when you take that first step and contact us.

Click Here to speak with a US immigration attorney for our NYC Office Today

I would like to thank you for helping me with my waiver application to enter the USA. I had been trying without success for many years until I found and contacted your firm. Being able to enter the USA means so much to me seeing that I live in a city that borders the USA. Thanks again. Lui N.