Student Visa and Study Permits for Canada

If you intend to study in Canada and you are a foreign national, you will likely need a Study Permit. A Study Permit is a document issued by the Canadian Government which gives you permission to study in Canada for a temporary period.

In most cases the Study Permit specifies the particular educational institution and course of study.

More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French.

What You Need To Know about Canadian Study Permits

Study Permits are temporary resident visas and as such you will be required to satisfy a visa officer when entering Canada that you will be studying in Canada only for a temporary period.

Don’t make the mistake of filling out the paperwork incorrectly or not having the right supporting documents to show the immigration officer.

There are a number of criteria that must be met to qualify for a Study Permit:

  • You need an offer of acceptance from a qualified Canadian educational institution.
  • The offer of acceptance must be in the form of a letter from the school
  • You have to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to pay the school’s tuition and for your general living expenses during your course of study up to one year.
  • Generally, if your course of study is for one year, you should show that you have $10,000CDN plus tuition.
  • You may have to undergo an immigration medial exam and if you normally require a visitor visa to Canada, you will have to be issued one in addition to your Study Permit.

With Our Help You Will Greatly Increase Your Chances

Increase your chances of obtaining a Canadian study permits for students by finding out all the legal documentation needed and how to best present and structure an application to get the best chances of a favorable outcome.

We can service anyone from around the world who wants to come to possibly study in Canada.  We exclusively handle US and Canadian immigration and have the infrastructure to focus on your case.

Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped thousands of students successfully obtain Temporary Residence Student Study Permits.

  • Our  immigration lawyers have the experience in presenting each application to best represent you and to best increase your chances at getting an approval
  • We have a proven track record in our New York office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
  • Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now

Thank you very much. I found the interview preparation the most valuable aspect of the whole process. It provided me with confidence. Melanie S

Don’t procrastinate, CLICK HERE to start the process of applying for a student study permit today

You do not require a Study Permit when:

  • You take a French or English language training course that is no more than three months in duration; or
  • You are the spouse or dependent child of: a diplomatic or consular officer; a representative of a foreign country; or a representative of the United Nations or any other intergovernmental organization of which Canada is a member.
  • If you are from a visa exempt country, you do not have to apply for a visitor visa to study in Canada.

Let Us Help You Make Applying Simple and Easy To Do

Contact us, so that we can assess your unique needs and put in place a game plan to help in your journey to obtain a Canadian student study permit.

It was a pleasure working with Niren and Associates. Thanks for being so helpful and prompt with your responses and doing your absolute best to ensure we had the strongest application possible for our case.  We went to our interview feeling confident that our visa would be approved because of the how thoroughly prepared Niren and Associates made sure we were. Candice S

Click Here to get started right away with one of our immigration lawyers for our New York office who specializes in Canadian Study Permits