Apply for an H1B work visa for NYC

If you have an existing job offer in NYC or elsewhere in the United States, there are a number of different types of United States work visas that may suit your situation. One of these US work visas is the H1B work visa, which is meant for “specialty occupations”. It is important that you make sure that your occupation qualifies as a specialty occupation before you apply to avoid waisting time. 

Work in NYC on an H1B work visa

Before you apply for an H1B work visa, make sure you qualify. The types of occupations considered to be valid for an H1B work visa are called specialty occupations, and this means that these occupations cannot be filled by just anyone. In most cases, these jobs require that you have a special skill set and likely a higher level of education such as a bachelor degree at the very least.

Please note that it must not only be your specific employer who requires a bachelor degree or higher for the position they’ve offered, but the job in general must require one.

Your employer must be able to prove that they will pay you the prevailing wage for the occupation in question, as well as provide a prevailing wage determination, an employer’s petition and an employer’s attestation. These are important steps in the H1B work visa application procedure, and you will need these forms for your own application.

H1B work visa lawyers serving NYC and the surrounding areas

We are immigration lawyers (or attorneys in the United States) that handle H1B visa applications regularly. Note that this application has an annual cap and you may need assistance known exactly where and when you can or should apply. Because this type of work visa is very competitive, you need to make sure that your application shines and is free of any errors or omissions that will result in a denial or a processing delay.

We can help you. Please contact us using the number above to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer as soon as possible for an assessment of your case and assistance in obtaining a visa to work in the United States.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.