If you have or are working for an existing business in Canada or another country, you may qualify for an L1 Visa to the US.
L1 Visas are a type of US Work Visa and are for people expanding their business to the U.S. or are being transferred to an existing American Business.
There Are Two Types of L-1 Visas:
- L-1A Visas are issued for employees working as an executive or manager for their company.
- L-1B Visas are those persons with specialized knowledge.
- Each of these terms (manager, executive and specialized knowledge worker) have a very specific legal definition.
Do You Meet The Basic Requirements for L1 Visas
- You must have worked outside the United States such as in Canada for one full year within the preceding three years on a full time basis; and
- You must have worked for a “qualifying organization” outside the United States as an executive, manager or in a “specialized knowledge”; and
- You are being transferred to the United States to work for a new or existing U.S. Business that is either subsidiary, branch or affiliate of the Canadian company.
Does your Business Qualify for a L1 Visa?
- L1 visas are available to employees working for companies outside the United States such as in Canada that have BRANCHES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR JOINT VENTURE PARTNERS in the United States.
- Each type of business relationship is precisely defined by U.S. Immigration Regulations and legal advice is required to determine whether the business relationship complies with the INS definition.
Let Us Help You Navigate The Complexities of L1 Visa Requirements
Even after figuring out if you qualify you don’t want to risk the high chance of your application being rejected.
You can get help to make sure you cross all your ‘T’s and dot all your ‘I’s when it comes to gathering all the necessary support documentation and correctly filling out the application.
Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped thousands of people successfully obtain L-1 Visas. We exclusively work with US and Canadian immigration cases and because of this specialization we have the resources to devote to your case.
- We have a proven track record in our New York office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
- Our US immigration lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now
Our immigration process was quite a ride, but it is now inches away from a successful resolution. I am recommending your firm to anybody seeking US immigration attorney. I can’t say enough about high degree of professionalism, attendance to details and level of care I received from you. Thank you very much for all your help. Greg F
Did You Know That a L1 Visa Can Be a Stepping Stone To Getting a US Green Card?
- Persons holding or persons who are eligible for a L-1A visa as an Executive or Manager may qualify for an employment based green card.
- In addition, you also can apply for a green card without having to undergo the rigorous process of Labor Certification which involves proving that there are no U.S. workers who can fill the position offered by the U.S. employer.
L1 Visas for Canadians
Canadians can apply for L1 Work Visas and can take advantage of NAFTA by of applying for L1 visas at a U.S/Canadian port of entry rather than having to apply at a U.S. immigration office called a Service Center in the U.S. This means that the Canadian can take all his or her documentation to a U.S. border and receive an L1 Visa on the spot!
Applying for an L1 Visa: What Documents Do you Need for an L1 Visa?
Generally, there are a long list of documents that you need for the L1 Visa including information about the existing Canadian company, your employment in Canada, business plans for the US, US company documents etc. There are also U.S. Immigration forms to complete such as the I-129.
We Can Help You In All Areas Of Applying For a L-1 Visa
It’s extremely important that you always make sure that you have ALL the necessary documents before applying for your L1 Visa. Our firm has the infrastructure and processes in place to handle your immigration case and will communicate with you every step of the way… you just have to take the first step.
I needed to thank you for walking me through this unique experience. I value that you took the time to listen to me. I walked in anticipating the worst due to past happenings with the previous immigration lawyer but instead walked into a quite optimistic scenario. The officer did not have any negative remarks about the application and issued the L1A Visa Permit within minutes of standing at the interview window. Many thanks Niren & Associates! Steve J.