The objective of the Business Immigration Program is to encourage investment and employment in Canada through the migration of people who have the ability to successfully establish or invest in a business in Canada.
There are three Business Immigration Categories:
- Self Employed
Business immigrants must apply at one of nine Business Immigration Centres — Beijing, Bonn, Buffalo, Damascus, Hong Kong, London, Paris, Seoul and Singapore.
What Are The Challenges To Qualifying for Business Immigration?
To qualify in the Investor Immigration Program, an applicant destined for any province in Canada you must:
- Have successfully operated, controlled or directed a business;
- Have accumulated through his or her own endeavors a net worth of at least CAD$1,600,000
- Invest CAD$800,000 for five years with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada which acts as an agent on behalf of provincial and territorial investment funds. (Note: Your $800,000 can be financed so that you could invest say, $200,000 of your own capital)
An applicant destined for the Province of Quebec must:
- Have at least three years of managerial experience in a profitable commercial, industrial or agricultural business or, alternatively, have at least three years of managerial experience in a government, governmental organization, or international organization;
- Have accumulated a net worth of at least CAD$1,600,000 through legitimate economic activities; and
- Invest CAD$800,000 for five years in a Quebec-approved investment fund.
In order to qualify in the Entrepreneur Immigration Program, one must also meet certain conditions in connection with his or her business in Canada. The Entrepreneur must:
- Establish, purchase or make a substantial investment in a business in Canada within 2 years of landing in Canada which will result in a significant contribution to the economy
- Engage in active and ongoing participation in the management of the business
- Employ at least one Canadian Citizen or Permanent resident other than the Entrepreneur and his dependents.
- To ensure that these conditions are met, Entrepreneurs are required to report to immigration officials their progress, on a regular basis within this two year period.
- NOTE: This program is likely to be cancelled and is no longer a viable option for most applicants.
To qualify under the Self-Employed Program category, an applicant:
- Must demonstrate an intention and ability to establish or purchase a business in Canada that will keep him or her employed and make a “significant” contribution to the economy or the cultural or artistic life of Canada.
- Must demonstrate that the proposed business will generate sufficient revenues to support the applicant and his or her dependents.
- Farmers, artisans, sports personalities, actors, consultants, and operators of small business outlets that may be in demand are examples of applicants who may qualify.
Assessment in this category is based upon:
- Business ability and experience (when applying under the economic contribution component of the Self-Employed description);
- Artistic qualifications (when applying under the artistic/cultural component of the Self-Employed description); and
- Net worth (sufficient to establish/purchase the proposed business).
We Can Increase your Chances of Permanent Residence through Business Immigration
There is a lot to take in, so don’t try this alone on something so important. Talk to the professionals who can help you and answer all your questions.
Contact us and we can set up a personal consultation where we find out your needs, answer some questions, suggest possible routes to take and you get to decide what action you’ll take next.
Niren & Associates’ 30 years of combined experience has helped hundreds of people successfully obtain Permanent Residence Through Business Immigration.
- We have a proven track record in our New York office for handling US and Canadian visa cases and you could become one of our new success stories
- We have systems and procedures in place to handle your immigration case because we exclusively deal with US and Canadian immigration
- Our Canadian lawyers are fully licensed and ready to help you right now
I retained the expertise of Niren and Associates- you guys made it possible to properly take care of acquiring my investor visa. I have been regularly kept informed of all progress and any further requirements to fulfill the criteria. Sharon K.